Skip to main content

Welcome

I have a knack for finding things  and trying out things and breaking things when they don't work.  It's a useful skill I've found out and often my experiences help others in the form of techniques or products that I've found to be more effective of time save or back saving.  I live my myself and so anything that makes what I have to do to care for the menagerie here and myself easier is a win.  I've been asked by some clients that have used my suggestions and found them useful to try a blog.  Let's hope I can keep it interesting.  And I admit, most of the things I have found may have a limited market for pet owners/breeder, horse people, farm people etc.  But perhaps these products might be just what you are searching for but haven't found, or maybe you know of something that might interest me, please comment below.  Maybe these things need to reach a wider audience.

First of is going to be one of my favorite things.  I truly HATE being cold.  And I hate going to bed with cold feet. But I like sleeping in a cold room, with a fan. I've tried electric blankets and since I have cats the fire risk has always been a concern for my wire nibbling friends (another trick on that later) But also I get TOOO hot with the blanket on.  I've also tried the heated mattress pad and while it was better it always was too warm in the wrong places and not hot enough where I needed it, and yet still electric.  So heating pads, well back to the electrical concern, and the shape and texture I frankly hated.  The warmth was good and it was small enough that I could kick it completely out if I got too hot.  Hot water bottle, well CATS.  Waking up wet once was plenty.  And then I found THIS

K&H Pet Products Microwavable Pet Bed Warmer 

 

 

  This is a 9X9 inch microwavable heating pad.  It is firm when it's cool, and gets squishy when heated.  It stays warm for 8-10 hours and gradually firms up.  It's reusable and I've used it not only for me, but my patients at my clinic and my puppies during transport or any other time I've needed to move very young pups.  It's safe and it's neoprene exterior is easy to wipe clean and claw resistant.  I've used one in my bed almost nightly for 2-3 years.  It warms up where my feet are first and then I can move it around to anywhere else that might be chilled  It often ends up as a weight on the center of my chest while I sleep on my back.  And if I do get too hot I can kick it out of bed without fear of it being any sort of problem.  The cats may sleep on it on the floor, but that seems to be the worst of it.  I've gone through two in that time frame for me and at the cost of 30.00 each its a worthwhile investment.  I've even used it on my back when sitting in a cold office

It's easily purchased from Amazon and anyone needing temporary warmth for themselves and or puppies or kitties may find this product among their must haves.   Well I hope you enjoy the first installment of my finds and I hope to bring you many more.  

Stay Warm, Stay Happy!

Alison and the Tangaloor Zoo

 

Comments

  1. I've used these... which are hard plastic, so "safe" from being chewed.... is the above? if it is, it would be much better. https://www.amazon.com/Snuggle-Safe-Pet-Microwave-Heating/dp/B00008AJH9/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=dog+heat+disk&qid=1577133957&sr=8-2

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment